MONTHLY GATHERING CHECKLIST FOR CONTACT PERSON
The contact person should be a member of the host Church.
The contact person may wish to form a committee to help with gathering arrangements.
The contact person needs to publicize the gathering to members of the host
church who might be interested in a Walk.
REMEMBER - PRAYER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PREPARATION.
- Reserve the sanctuary or chapel, and the fellowship hall for the designated
date and time.
- Make arrangements for the church to be unlocked in time for set-up before
- Check on availability of host clergy. The gathering coordinator and spiritual
director will help in finding available clergy.
- The clergy does not need to prepare a sermon, but should give a short
response to the content of the fourth day talk.
- Contact Melody Malone in
regards to musician needs.
- Make sure tables and chairs are set up for fellowship.
- The host is responsible for paper products and plastic ware. Let the
gathering coordinator know if these items need to be provided
by the community.
- Arrange for the communion elements. If a communion set is needed,
contact the gathering coordinator.
- Pray about an individual to give the fourth day talk. This
could be a lay person or clergy. The gathering coordinator
find a speaker.
- Check back with the chosen speaker in a week or two before
the gathering. Let them know that you are praying for them
they can call
on you for encouragement
- When all of the needed arrangements have been made, contact
the gathering coordinator to confirm.
- Continue to pray for the gathering and the fourth day
- Arrive early to check last minute details.
- Be sure to pray with the speaker before the service
- Assure the speaker that you will be praying for
them as they share their witness.
The gathering coordinator is available to answer questions and give assistance
with any and all gathering arrangements. They are your partner in preparing
for the gathering.