Praying the Prayer Vigil
Here is an outline to follow when you find yourself
at a lack for words while praying for a Walk...
- Begin by asking God to clear your mind from all outside distractions. Place
your thoughts and your spirit with the people and the event you have come
to Him to
- Be silent a few moments and begin to feel His presence with you. Pray as
if you are talking to your best friend - you are! Ask Him to bless with
buildings, the grounds, and all things used to bring those present to an
awareness of Him.
- Pray for the lay director, if not by name, by duty. They must walk in His
spirit for anything they may be called to solve.
Pray for the assistant lay director(s) in much the same way. Pray for the
spiritual director, they they may truly be an instrument of His spirit.
- Pray for the assistant spiritual directors in much the same way. Pray for
the board representative(s), that they may have the courage to keep the purity
of the event and not let personalities keep them from doing what they promised
they would do.
- Pray for the speakers. Pray that they remember Whom they represent, lay down
self, and glorify God.
- Pray for the talks - for the message they give, for the giver and for those
who hear, that they may hear according to their need.
- Pray for the musicians, that their music may bring God's message and soothe
- Pray for the pilgrims; the ones who can't leave their thoughts behind, the
ones uneasy in that setting, the ones who can't sleep, the ones forced to
ones looking for magic and not miracles, the ones who are open and receiving,
and for all conditions known only to God.
- Pray for the fun and fellowship that it may warm hearts and keep focused
on God. Pray for the cooks and all who minister in unrecognized ways.
- Pray for the servant team that they do not tire. Pray for their renewed
- Pray for the table leaders and assistant table leaders. Pray that their subtle
guidance and emptying of self will lead their Pilgrims directly to Christ.
- Pray for all the agape gifts, for all the hands that made them and for the
blessings they bring.
- Pray for the sponsors.
- Pray for the special times of the weekend-- you know what they are
- And lastly, give it all to our Lord and Friend, who sees and knows, asking
for His blessing and presence with everyone connected, not only those mentioned,
but for families and for changes in the church and community.
- End by praising and thanking God for the opportunity He has given you to
talk to Him on behalf of His Children. Amen.
Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for
you in Christ Jesus". -1 Thessalonians 5:17-18